Some of the content in this article is derived from information featured in newly/upcoming material. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
|This article is a stub. You can help the Incredibles Wiki by expanding it.|
- "Why would you count on me? Because I built you a bike? Because my brother knows the words to your theme song? We don't know each other!"
- —Evelyn in response to Elastigirl feeling betrayed by her being the Screenslaver.
Evelyn Deavor is the hidden main antagonist of The Incredibles 2. She is the brilliant brainchild behind her brother Winston’s telecommunications company, knows her way around tech. She loves tinkering with tech and has never met a problem she can’t solve.
She is revealed to be the true evil mastermind behind the evil Screenslaver (who is just her henchman, deputy and puppet) near the climax of the film. She is formerly sweet-tempered, cheerful, bubbly, cute, happy-go-lucky, clumsy, positive, laid-back, and giggly. She is later short-tempered, rude, grumpy, dangerous, ruthless, selfish, wrathful, greedy, negative, grouchy, and bitter.
Evelyn and her brother Winston’s parents were huge supporters of supers. One night, a pair of burglars broke into their house. Instead of hiding in the saferoom with his wife, their father ran to the phone lines to call Gazerbeam and Fironic for help, but nobody answered. He was shot dead by the robbers, and Evelyn’s mother died months later of heartbreak.
Evelyn held this against the supers and devised a plan to get rid of them. She created an alter-ego called the Screenslaver, and invented Hyno-goggles with mini-screens, that allow her to hypnotize anyone who wears them, which include Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl, Frozone, Voyd, He-Lectrix, Brick, and the rest of the wannabe supers.
She hacked a train and two television broadcasts, one of which she used to con Elastigirl into believing the Screenslaver was a hypnotized pizza guy, when he was being controlled by the Hypno-goggles.
Later, at a celebration party for “catching Screenslaver”, Elastigirl retires to a room in the back of the DevTech building with Evelyn. Elastigirl is holding the Screenslavers mask, which was presented to her as a prize for capturing Screenslaver. Elastigirl puts the pieces of the scheme together, and Evelyn forces the goggles on her.
Later, she explains her plan to Elastigirl, and gives goggles to the wannabe supers as well, using them to plant the goggles on Mr. Incredible and Frozone, and an attempt on Violet and Dash Parr, who escape with Jack-Jack. However, the kids escape in the Incredimobile. Using the main three supers, she begins her plan to turn the world against supers in a ceremony on the Everjust.
After the hypnotized supers took over the boat under Evelyn's control, the kids find them. Jack-Jack floats over to Elastigirl and gets the goggles off her with his Telekinesis, and Elastigirl, now having regained her mind, takes the goggles off her husband and Frozone. They then proceeded to get the goggles off of all the wannabe supers, foiling Evelyn’s plan. She then attempts to fly away in a plane, only to be busted by Elastigirl (after a bout with hypoxia). She was then saved by an Elastigirl-Voyd team.
As she is arrested, she ungratefully states, “The fact that you saved me doesn't make you right,” as she is being forced into the police car, being sent to jail.
- Evelyn was based on a cat. This is hinted at in the movie when Winston is singing the Frozone theme song. He says, "Who's the cat who's always chill" just as Evelyn enters the room, probably back from New Urbem.
- She is the character who wears the most items of clothing in the second film. In total she wears 8 different pieces of clothing. They describe her personality, from white to black. Near the end of the movie, her clothes tend towards black. The patterns of her clothing have something to do with hypnosis.
- Evelyn has a other brother named Nelson Deavor. He was supposed to be the main villain of the movie, together with Winston. However, the producers changed the idea and Nelson became He-Lectrix. There was also a super named Shelectra (Shelectric) who Evelyn was based on.
- The Screenslaver's lair in New Urbem is actually Evelyn's secret den where she had worked on all her plans. That is why she gave orders to the Screenslaver to destroy all her evidence.
- She's a jet pilot.
- Her name is a pun on the phrase "Evil Endeavor".
- She's the first Pixar female villain.
- During her college years, Evelyn curated a series of underground art shows in the Bohemian district of New Urbem.