- "Super-ladies, they're always trying to tell you their secret identity. Think it'll strengthen the relationship or something like that. I said, Girl, I don't want to know about your mild-mannered alter ego, or anything like that. I mean, you tell me you're a super-mega-ultra-lightning-babe, that's all right with me. I'm good. I'm good."
- —A younger Lucius being interviewed.[src]
Lucius Best also known as Frozone is a major character in The Incredibles and Incredibles 2. He is married to Honey Best. His powers include ice powers and super strength and agility. He is cool, nice, laid-back, stubborn, and friendly.
Lucius is the best friend to Mr. Incredible (Bob Parr) and his family, and the apprentice to Simon J. Palladino. He served as the best man in the wedding of Bob Parr and Helen Truax.
During the movie, it is suggested that he has adapted to civilian life much more easily than his long-time friend, Bob Parr, though he still possesses a hidden cache containing his costume and all of his old gadgets in working condition.
He married a woman whom he refers to as Honey, who is aware of his superhero past. Lucius is best friends with Bob, and a close friend of Helen and the kids, who are the only supers he socializes with following the banning of superheroes. Whenever Lucius and Bob go out on Wednesdays to engage in superheroics, they have to cover from their respective wives by claiming to be going bowling, but they stop going out when Bob is caught by Helen.
In The Incredibles 2 he is referred to as "Uncle Lucius" by Dash Parr. It is unclear whether Lucius is a biological uncle to Dash, Violet, and Jack-Jack or if this is simply a title of affection.
A former "hot dog", Frozone has a "cool" personality and strong morales. He is always there to help his friends, even going as far as offering to house the Parr family after the Super Hero Relocation Program was shutdown by the goverment.
According to official sources, Frozone is 40 years old, is 6'2" (187 cm) and weighs 180 pounds (81 kg).
Powers & Abilites
- Ice Generation: Frozone has the power to freeze water, or even ambient moisture in the air. He is limited by the amount of water available, either in liquid form, or in the air. It is also indicated that he can use the moisture of his own body to generate ice.
- Cold Immunity: Though unconfirmed, since supers are told to be immune to their own powers, Frozone's cryokinetic power most likely renders him immune to cold (meaning he is completely undisturbed by any degree of cold, even extreme one).
- Peak or Above Human Strength: During an apartment fire, Lucius can be seen running with two unconscious people on his back with relative ease, hinting that he may either have peak-human strength or some degree of superhuman strength.
- Skiing: As he travels by ice locomotion (e.g. ice skis, ice skates, ice discs), Frozone is an expert skier.
- Dehydration: When dehydrated, his superhuman ability to generate ice is weakened as a result.
- Low Humidity Environments: In hotter climates with little ambient water vapor, Frozone cannot generate large quantities of ice via the water in the air.
|Films and Shorts|
|The Incredibles||Appears||Jack-Jack Attack||Absent|
|Incredibles 2||Appears||Auntie Edna||Mentioned|
- Originally, Frozone was supposed to be recruited to "stop" Omnidroid v.8, but Syndrome and Mirage decided that Mr. Incredible would have been a better choice, as evidenced by the conversation they had when Mirage was tailing them.
- Although it is believed he is the godfather of Bob's three children, this has not been confirmed in the film.
- According to the National Supers Agency, Frozone had attempted to represent the United States in the Winter Olympics, but was rejected on account of his Super abilities granting him a tremendously unfair advantage.
- Despite to being a major character and being in the promotional material, Frozone has a few screen time in the first act of the first film, but has a little more screen time at the final battle. The screen time makes a total of six scenes of screen time making him a supporting character, but he has more screen time in the trailers. He has a larger role in Incredibles 2 as one of the film's six central characters (along with Robert Parr, Helen Parr, Violet Parr, Dash Parr, and Jack-Jack Parr).
- In the mobile game Disney Heroes Battle Mode, Frozone states that he was born with his powers.